iPhone unlocking or iOS jailbreaking, or simply jailbreaking, is the process of removing the limitations imposed by Apple on devices running the iOS operating system through use of custom kernels. Such devices include the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and 2nd Gen Apple TV.
Jailbreaking allows users to gain root access to the operating system, allowing iOS users to download additional applications, extensions, and themes that are unavailable through the official Apple App Store. A jailbroken iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad running iOS can still use the App Store, iTunes, and other normal functions, such as making telephone calls. Some more reasons for unlocking an iPhone are listed below -
2. Use FACETIME over the 3G network anywhere you like. Without WIFI!
3. Use ANY feature that Apple thinks is “inappropriate”.
4. FREE thethering (normal monthrate in the USA is $25 a month).
5. You can install VoIP software.
6. It’s risk-free. Worst case scenario, you can restore your iPhone to the factory settings
7. Install third-party applications with Cydia
8. Add custom notification sounds and ringtones for free
9. Use a free turn by turn GPS with xGPS
10. Get video recording for your iPhone 2G or 3G with Cycorder
11. Stream live videos with Qik
12. Use Voice Over IP apps over 3G and Edge with VoIPover3G
13. Enable Flash with iMobileCinema
14. Download and save YouTube videos on your iPhone with MxTube
15. Tether your iPhone with PDAnet
16. View your iPhone on your TV with TVOut
17. Play Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, NES and PlayStation games with emulators
18. Watch every single episode of South Park, American Dad, Family Guy, the Simpsons, the Office, and Futurama for free
19. Filter incoming calls with iBlackList
20. Email your voicemails with Voicemail Forwarder
21. Customize the look and feel of your iPhone with WinterBoard
22. Quickly manage your settings preferences with BossPrefs
23. Sort your apps into folders with Categories
24. Run apps in the background with Backgrounder
25. Track your lost/stolen iPhone with iLocalis
26. Display information such as emails, SMS, calendar and more directly on your lock screen with IntelliScreen
27. Change your iPhone fonts with FontSwap
28. Show a picture of your contacts in your contact list with Cyntact
29. Easily transfer files via Bluetooh with iBluetooth
30. Enable battery percentage on the 2G and 3G with Battery Percentage
Unlike rooting an Android device, jailbreaking is necessary if the user intends to run software not authorized by Apple. A tethered jailbreak requires that the device be connected to a computer each time it needs to be booted; an untethered jailbreak allows the device to be powered without computer assistance. Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, jailbreaking iPhones is legal in the United States, although Apple has announced that the practice "can violate the warranty".
Here's a method to unlock your iPhone safely with lifetime support -